SCORE, mentors to America’s small businesses, has gathered statistics that report on how important mobile optimization is for small business websites and how small business owners can best convert mobile visitors into customers.
Smartphone Usage Affects Consumer Decision-making
According to data presented visually in the infographic, consumers use their smartphones to make buying decisions at every step of the purchasing process:
- 50% use it on the way to the store
- 60% use their smartphone in the store
- 39% of walkouts are influenced by smartphones
Mobile Consumers Comprise a Significant Market
Overall, not catering to this portion of the population could significantly affect a business’s revenues;
- 73% of mobile searches trigger follow up actions (calls, visit, purchases or shares)
- 48% of mobile visitors who visit a site that is not mobile-friendly felt the company just didn’t care about their business
- 64% of decision makers read email on their phones
Tips for Catering to the Mobile Crowd
The infographic also offers tips for most effectively serving mobile shoppers including:
- Capitalize on local search terms. 43% of searches uses a local keyword.
- Design emails and ads for mobile. Recipients of email marketing campaigns purchase 28% more often and they order 44% more. Mobile ads get 10 times the redemption rate of traditional coupons and mobile ads get 3 times more clicks.
Since 1964, SCORE has helped more than 10 million aspiring entrepreneurs. Each year, SCORE provides small business mentoring, workshops and education to more than 375,000 new and growing small businesses. More than 11,000 business experts volunteer as mentors in over 320 chapters serving local communities with entrepreneur education.