Talking with Ann Handley, Chief Content Officer of MarketingProfs, during her first visit to Blogworld and Las Vegas was a treat. For the few of you that have not been introduced to Ann, she is truly a leader in the industry as one of the first sources of interactive marketing news and commentary online.
Ann’s roots are as a journalist, and this is probably why content marketing is second nature to her. She is known for perfecting methods of creating and managing digital content to build relationships for organizations and individuals around the world and her advice is put to use daily by 1000’s of writers, bloggers and marketers.
Here are 3 highlights and 1 must-do (or do not) from Ann to make note of for 2013.
1. The masses agree, content is critical to brands and people both B2B and B2C. 2013 will be a year of extraordinary content. We look forward to content creators putting their best foot forward.
2. Differentiation comes down to defining your unique value and communicating it through content. If you are not one of the big guys, who are you? Exploit your niche.
3. It’s all about people. Content and communication must be human because again whether speaking to a business or consumer our end goal is to connect with other humans.
4. Do not use robo direct messaging on Twitter. These auto responses triggered when someone follows you are not personal and not recommended.
Aside from writing regularly for MarketingProfs and publications like Entrepreneur Magazine, The Huffington Post and Mashable, she’s co-author of the best-selling book, Content Rules: How to Create Killer Blogs, Podcasts, Videos, Ebooks, Webinars (and More) That Engage Customers and Ignite Your Business.
For addition information on Ann, visit:
Latest posts by Martin Jones
- How to Secure Your Small Business WiFi Network - October 11, 2018
- Beyond Speed – Are You Getting the Most From Your Small Business Internet Connection - October 9, 2018
- 4 Keys to Scaling Customer Service and Support as Your Small Business Grows - October 1, 2018