COX BUSINESS FOLLOW US ON LINKEDIN RULES
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry. To enter the Cox Business Follow Us Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”): (a) enter online at http://www.Coxblue.com/follow-cox-business-om-linkedin/, perform the requested action of following us on our official LinkedIn page and/or any of the official Cox Business LinkedIn Affiliate Showcase pages, and submit your entry electronically, via the online contest submission form located on the page.
Alternatively, you can enter by sending a self-addressed postcard to Cox Business [Cox Business Address] or email to [Cox Business Email Address]. All postcard entries must be handwritten and legible or individually typed. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
Your submission of an entry certifies that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and have read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor. Limit to one entry, per Cox Business LinkedIn page or Affiliate Showcase page followed, up to a maximum of 4 entries during the Sweepstakes Period. All winning entries will be confirmed and must be following Cox Business on LinkedIn at the time of the drawing.
All entries become property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period. Entries will be accepted from June 15th, 2019 through July 19th, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on July 15th, 2019.
4. Eligibility Requirements. Subject to conditions below, the Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes: employees and non-employee workers of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled.
5. Prize. Winner will receive [prize] valued at [$XXX.XX]
A Winner may waive the right to receive a Prize. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and Cox Business may substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a Prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a Prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the Prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. The Prize is nontransferable and non-assignable.
6. Selection of Winner; Winner Notification. One (1) winner will be chosen at random on Friday of each week during the contest period by Sponsor, from among all eligible entries pooled together and received during the Sweepstakes Period. There will be a total of 5 winners during the contest period. Cox will attempt to notify the winner by email and telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. No messages will be left at the telephone number(s) given by winners, and any calls returned by winners via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. In order to claim a Prize, a winner must respond to the Cox notification within 24 hours of notice. If the winner is contacted and notified in person within such 24 hour period and complies with these Official Rules, he/she will be declared an official winner (“Winner”). If the winner is not reached and notified in person, by telephone or email within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she may be disqualified and Cox may select a substitute winner at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Cox will conduct up to one (1) alternate drawing, after which the Prize will remain unawarded.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of any Prize constitutes the Winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner’s Responsibility. Winner must accept Prize by arranging delivery within fourteen (14) days of notification that he/she has been declared the Winner. Failure to accept and take delivery of the Prize within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Prize. Awarding of a Prize may require the Winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (“Release”), which must be executed and returned within ten (10) days of sender’s postmark and/or provide proof of residency. Failure to timely execute and return this Release may result in disqualification of Winner and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize and the selection of a substitute provisional winner.
9. Winner List. For name of Official Winner (available after August 30, 2019) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Official Rules” or “Winner’s List” – c/o Cox Business Security Solutions Sweepstakes, [CB ADDRESS]
10. General Participation Rules. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or Sweepstakes administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserve the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
12. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT THE SPONSOR MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY PROVISIONAL WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
13. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
14. Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state where the Prize is installed.
15. Sponsor. Sweepstakes sponsor is [CB LEGAL NAME and ADDRESS](“Sponsor” or “Cox”).
This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with LinkedIn.