COX BUSINESS SECURITY SOLUTIONS
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
Back To Sweepstakes Page
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry. To enter the Cox Business Security Solutions Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”): (a) enter online at http://www.Coxblue.com, complete the official entry form there and submit electronically.
Your submission of an entry certifies that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and have read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor and Sweepstakes judges. Limit to one entry during the Sweepstakes Period.
All entries must be handwritten and legible or individually typed. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all email entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the email account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Sweepstakes eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an email account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such email account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with such email account.
All entries become property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period. Entries will be accepted from June 1st, 2016 through August 30, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entries must be received by 5:00 p.m. ET on August 30, 2016.
4. Eligibility Requirements. Subject to conditions below, the Sweepstakes is open to legal residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and whose business is located within a Cox Business Connecticut or Rhode Island service area. Cannot be a current Cox Business Security Solutions customer. The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes: employees and non-employee workers of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled.
5. Prize. Winner will receive a Cox Business Security Solutions System (“CBSS”) which includes installation up to one thousand ($1,000.00) dollars of HD Surveillance and/or Detection equipment and six (6) months of monthly service fees of up to two hundred ($200) dollars per month. After six (6) months, Winner will be responsible for monthly service fees and any additional services they subscribe to. Winner must have or be willing to install a broadband Internet service with at least 10 Mbps download speed. Winner may elect to disconnect service without penalty. A CBSS representative will meet with the Winner and survey the business to confirm eligibility. They will provide a proposal for Winner approval. Once approval is received, installation will be scheduled. If Winner does not approve or changes their mind, they are not obligated to install the service. Another Winner will be selected from the eligible entries. Service not available in all areas. Other restrictions apply. Prior to Prize installation, Winner will be required to sign a Cox Business Security Solutions service agreement, which shall continue on a month-to-month basis until service is terminated by Winner. Prize has a total estimated retail value up to $2,200.00 (the “Prize”).
A Winner may waive the right to receive a Prize. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and Cox may substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a Prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a Prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the Prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor. The Prize is nontransferable and non-assignable.
6. Selection of Provisional Winner; Provisional Winner Notification. One (1) provisional winner will be chosen at random on or about September 15, 2016 by Cox from among all eligible entries pooled together and received during the Sweepstakes Period. Cox will attempt to notify the provisional winner by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. No messages will be left at the telephone number(s) given by provisional winners, and any calls returned by provisional winners via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. In order to claim a Prize, a provisional winner must respond to Cox notification within 24 hours of notice. If the provisional winner is contacted and notified in person within such 24 hour period and complies with these Official Rules, he/she will be declared the official winner (“Winner”). If the provisional winner is not reached and notified in person by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing, or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she may be disqualified and Cox may select a substitute provisional winner at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Cox will conduct up to one (1) alternate drawing, after which the Prize will remain unawarded.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of any Prize constitutes the Winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner’s Responsibility. Winner must accept Prize by arranging a meeting with account executive within seven (7) days of notification that he/she has been declared the Winner. Failure to accept and take delivery of the Prize within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Prize. Awarding of a Prize may require the Winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (“Release”), which must be executed and returned within ten (10) days of sender’s postmark and/or provide proof of residency. Failure to timely execute and return this Release may result in disqualification of Winner and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize and the selection of a substitute provisional winner.
9. Winner List. For name of Official Winner (available after July 20, 2016) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Official Rules” or “Winner’s List” – c/o Cox Business Security Solutions Sweepstakes, CoxCom, LLC, d/b/a Cox Business, 9 James P. Murphy Industrial Highway, West Warwick, RI 02893, Attn: Cox Business Marketing Department.
10. General Participation Rules. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or Sweepstakes administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserve the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC. AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
12. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT THE SPONSOR MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND THE SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY PROVISIONAL WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
13. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
14. Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the state where the Prize is installed.
15. Sponsor. Sweepstakes sponsor is CoxCom, LLC d/b/a Cox Business, 9 James P. Murphy Industrial Highway, West Warwick, RI 02893(“Sponsor” or “Cox”). The Prize will be delivered, installed, and supported by Cox Advanced Services Connecticut, LLC or Cox Advanced Services Rhode Island, LLC, each a wholly-owned subsidiary of CoxCom, LLC.