Cox Business/CoxBLUE “Meet The Experts” Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Entry. To enter the Cox Business “Meet The Experts” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”): go to the “Meet The Experts” application available through the Meet The Experts contest page. http://coxblue.dreamhosters.com/meet-the-experts. Once on the contest page, to enter, follow all on-screen instructions and complete all required information. You understand that you are providing your information to Cox Communications.
Your submission of an entry certifies that you satisfy all eligibility requirements and have read and complied with all of the Official Rules of this Sweepstakes and agree to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsors and Sweepstakes judges. Entries are limited per social action, as detailed on the contest page, during the Sweepstakes Period.
Sponsors will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsors or Facebook. In the event of a dispute, all entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the social media profile or account associated with the entry. All entries become property of the Sponsors and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted or the owner of an email account shall be determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion, and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsors determine to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
3. Sweepstakes Period. Entries will be accepted from 12:00pm EST on March 4th, 2015 through 12 pm EST on March 16th, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States (excluding Florida, New York, and Rhode Island) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and are the licensed owner of a business, or are directly engaged in the marketing and/or public relations of a licensed business.
The following persons are not eligible to win Prizes or otherwise participate in this Sweepstakes: employees of Sponsor, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of all such employees and all others with whom they are domiciled.
5. Prize. There will be a total of (1) prize awarded as shown below:
One (1) winner of the “Meet The Experts” grand prize consisting of a trip for two (2) to San Diego, California. Trip includes roundtrip coach class accommodations for two (2) from an airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to San Diego California; 3 nights hotel accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; 2 Passes to be used by winner and guests to attend the Social Media Marketing World conference to be held March 25th-27th (passes are non-transferable).
The winner will also receive $500.00 in spending money on an American Express Gift Card. *Winners guest will not receive a $500.00 American Express Gift Card.
The total approximate retail value of the trip is $3,000.00 (“Meet The Experts Prize).
All meals, transportation (outside of transportation to Sponsor scheduled events), taxes, gratuities and other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of Winner and their guest.
A Winner may waive the right to receive a Prize. No substitutions or cash equivalents allowed, except that all Prizes are subject to availability and Cox Communications may substitute a Prize or Prize component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a Prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsors for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a Prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the Prize value determined by Sponsors. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsors. The Prize is nontransferable and non-assignable. The trip must be taken on the scheduled dates of March 25th, 2014 (Arrival date) and March 28th (Departure date)
6. Selection of Winner; Winner Notification. One (1) provisional winners will be chosen at random on Monday March 16th, by Cox Business from among all eligible entries pooled together and received during the Sweepstakes Period.
Number of Winners – Prize Awarded – Approximate Drawing Date
1 – Meet The Experts Prize – March 16th, 2015
Cox Communications will attempt to notify the provisional winner by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. No messages will be left at the telephone number(s) given by provisional winners, and any calls returned by provisional winners via caller identification or similar technology will not be accepted. In order to claim a Prize, a provisional winner must respond to Cox Communications notification within 24 hours of notice. If the provisional winner is contacted and notified in person within such 24 hour period and complies with these Official Rules, he/she will be declared the official winner (“Winner”). If the provisional winner is not reached and notified in person by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing, or does not comply with these Official Rules, he/she may be disqualified and Cox Communications may select a substitute provisional winner at random from among all remaining eligible entries. Cox Communications may conduct up to one (1) alternate drawings, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded.
Except where prohibited, acceptance of any Prize constitutes the Winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsors and their licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
7. Odds. The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
8. Winner’s Responsibility. Winner must accept Prize within 24 hours of notification that he/she has been declared the Winner. Failure to accept and take delivery of the Prize within this time period will result in forfeiture of all rights and interest in the Prize. Awarding of a Prize may require the Winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility, and liability/publicity release (“Release”), which must be executed and returned within three (3) days of sender’s postmark and/or provide proof of residency. Failure to timely execute and return this Release may result in disqualification of Winner and the forfeiture of his or her interest in the Prize and the selection of a substitute provisional winner.
9. Winner List. For name of Official Winner (available after March 24th, 2014) and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Cox Communications, Inc., c/o Facebook Promotions – Marketing Department 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319.
10. General Participation Rules. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsors and any Sweepstakes judges or Sweepstakes administrators selected by Sponsors, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsors. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsors which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsors reserve the right to award Prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsors.
11. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSORS, COX COMMUNICATIONS, INC., FACEBOOK AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
12. Limitations of Liability. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE PRIZE(S), ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND THAT THE SPONSORS AND FACEBOOK MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ABOUT THE PRIZE(S) AND THE SPONSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY PARTICIPANTS, PRINTING OR PRODUCTION ERRORS, OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR EMPLOYED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OR THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES, OR THE NOTIFICATION OF ANY PROVISIONAL WINNER; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM A PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsors reserve the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
13. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
14. Disputes. As a condition of entering, participant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Georgia.
15. Sponsors. Sweepstakes sponsors are Cox Communications, Inc., 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA, 30319 (“Sponsors”). This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google or other social networks.