Get Started Tucson – Over $10,000 In Prizes!
Get Started Is Coming To Tucson (Free Event)
Cox Business is bringing “Get Started Tucson” (#GetStartedTucson) to Tucson, Arizona in partnership with Inc. magazine on Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 at the Tucson Scottish Rite 160 S. Scott Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85701. Registration for the event is now open. Local partners include Cox Media, Involta Data Center and PitchMaps.
- This event is free to attend and open to the public but you must register to attend.
- Complimentary cocktails & networking reception – before and after the competition!
- Complimentary Valet Parking
Over $10,000 In in Prizes!
Get Started Tucson will highlight up to five entrepreneurs who will pitch their idea to a distinguished panel of experts. One winner will be named to receive over $10,000 in prizes including a one year Cox Business technology package.
Prize Package Includes:
From Cox Business
- $5,000 Grand prize plus a 1 year Cox Business technology package!
From Involta Data Center
- Involta’s Compliant Cloud IaaS Free VM Ware virtual Server for 1 year! A $1,500 value!
- This Includes: Single Processor Power, 512 MB RAM, 5 GB Storage, 50 GB Metered Bandwidth, CentOS, Apache, Perl, PhP, MySql Included
From Cox Media
- Digital Creative Consultation – Winner will receive a one-hour consultation with a Cox Media Creative Consultant to evaluate any existing online creative (limited to display ads) – VALUE $100
- Set of Web Ads – Winner will receive production of one set of static web ads in three standard sizes (160X600, 300X250, 728X90) – VALUE $300
- Cox.com Webmail campaign – Winner will receive 500,000 Cox.com Webmail impressions to be used for a campaign in 2014 calendar year – VALUE $2500
- Google Analytics Consultation – A one-hour consultation with a Cox Media Marketing Analyst to review best practices for analyzing GA to track web campaigns and website activity – VALUE $100
- Social Media Consultation – A comprehensive look at your Social Media Strategies to evaluate successes and present additional opportunities and best practices to enhance your Social Media engagement – VALUE $300
Local businesses not competing are encouraged to attend this free event for networking and learning opportunities from accomplished leaders in digital marketing, funding and business growth strategy.
The expert panel will include Jim Blasingame, President and founder of Small Business Network Inc. and author of several books including the recent, “The Age of The Customer”, Kris Frieswick, Senior Editor at Inc., Nathaniel T. Bradley, Co-founder and CEO of AudioEye and Rick Gibson, Managing Director at HOTventures. Each panelist is designed to bring a unique expertise to ensure finalists receive advice in many aspects of starting a business.
You can enter the Contest by visiting the official registration page at www.coxblue.com/getstartedtucson/ (the “Website”) and completing all of the required information and following all posted instructions. Contest is open only to legal residents of Arizona who: (1) are at least 18 years of age; (2) are the owner, principal, or general manager of a business that is physically located within a Cox Business serviceable area. Contest begins 4/07/14-5/14/14. Entry Period begins 4/07/14-5/14/14. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT (1) YOUR MATERIALS ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL AND NO CONFIDENTIAL OR FIDUCIARY RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR CREATED BY ENTERING THE CONTEST; AND (2) THE CONTEST ENTITIES MAY POSSESS OR COME TO POSSESS INFORMATION THAT IS SIMILAR OR IDENTICAL TO YOUR MATERIALS, AND YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT THE CONTEST ENTITIES MAY USE SUCH SIMILAR OR IDENTICAL INFORMATION WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATION, OR CREDIT TO YOU. Void where prohibited. Sweepstakes subject to Complete Official Rules. To obtain a copy of the winner’s list or a copy of these Official Rules, send your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to “Cox Business Get Started Tucson: Network. Learn. Pitch Contest” Winners/Rules, Shana Keith, Cox Communications, Inc., 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319. Sponsor: Cox Communications, Inc., d/b/a Cox Business, 1400 Lake Hearn Drive, Atlanta, GA 30319.