What’s the secret to a successful E-commerce site? Is it graphics; ease of use; loading time. or something else, something harder to define?
As anyone who has ever attempted to find their place within the saturated E-commerce market will know, while traffic levels are indeed part of the battle to succeed; it is in fact a whole new challenge to convert that traffic into sales. Your products might be unique, crafted with quality and have an attractive price point for consumers; but it could be your website that lets your brand down leading, to lost sales.
Vouchercloud has collated the latest statistics and data within this new infographic demonstrating how consumers respond to various features within the checkout process and how they can lead to cart abandonment and lost sales.
Infografic Source: Vouchercloud
Tweet These Stats
- 57% of online shoppers will abandon a site after waiting 3s for page load, 80% won’t return Tweet this
- 92.6% of online shoppers say visuals are the top influential factor affecting a purchase decision Tweet this
- Offering multiple product views and alternate images leads to 58% more web sales Tweet this
- 57% of online shoppers have more confidence in purchasing a product after viewing product video Tweet this
- 52% of online shoppers say they are willing to stay longer on sites that use product video Tweet this
- 45% of online shoppers are more likely to return to a retailer who integrates video into the website experience Tweet this
- 85% of consumers read online reviews for local business before purchase, 79% trust them as much as a personal recommendation Tweet this
- 41% of online shoppers will abandon a checkout due to “sticker shock” Tweet this
- 29% of online shoppers will abandon checkout if asked to register (24% of ecommerce sites require reg) Tweet this
- Only 10% of online shoppers will abandon a checkout process they perceive as “too long” Tweet this
- 50% of ecommerce checkouts ask for the same information twice Tweet this
- 81% of online retailers pre-check newsletter opt-ins in registration (40% of consumers don’t want them) Tweet this
- 59% of consumers consider shipping costs when making online purchase decisions Tweet this
- More than 80% of consumers feel safer seeing logos of trustworthy payment options on a site Tweet this
- 40% of online shoppers say they have more confidence with sites that offer >1 payment option Tweet this